Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• An energetic, enthusiastic team player who takes pride in their work
• Someone looking to be part of a fast growing and dynamic global organization
• An eager, goal-oriented professional who is excited to continue growing and developing themselves
In this hands-on role, the Senior Accountant assists the Accounting Manager and other members of the Accounting department with various tasks and reconciliations to produce accurate financial statements.
What you'll do
Book standard monthly journal entries
Maintain the capital assets ledger and process monthly depreciation entries
Maintain and reconcile various general ledger accounts, including bank, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accruals
Complete month end close process in company ERP; focus on inventory reconciliations and verification of financial results to operational activities
Prepare monthly HST returns and various annual filings for review and submission
Reconciliation of intercompany balances, reports, and schedules
Assist with the preparation of year-end audit and liaise with auditors
Review vendor accounts for payment, prepare payment overview for approval
Prepare monthly cashflow projections for review
Develop and support accounting policies
All other duties as required.
What you'll need to get the job done
A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
Post-Secondary education in Accounting is required.
Strong ability to analyze and problem-solve.
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Experience using an ERP system in an inventory/manufacturing environment.
Experience in a multi-company environment is considered an asset.
A vehicle is required to travel between locations (within the Kanata area)
What you’ll love about us:
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada:
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.