Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• Highly motivated and dynamic professionals
• Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
• Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
What you’ll do
You will work in a cross functional development team in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work. Your role will include all development activities such as requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, verification, simulation.
You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Engage with the team to design and develop best-in-class features
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers as we productize your work
- Support the team to resolve issues reported by our customers
- Innovate as you research new technologies and resolve complex problems
- Share well developed product knowledge with peers, internal customers and new entrants into department
- Construct and contribute to major project high level design strategy
- Play an active role in assisting manager on delivery related activities
- Recommend innovative solutions with a total system view and add to the patent portfolio
- Promote a positive team environment that uses the combined strengths of individual members to achieve organizational goals
- Define system and architecture and/or write customer product specifications
- Help the team define the roadmap and make decisions
What you need to get the job done
- 5+ years of experience with Embedded Robotics Software Development
- 5+ years of experience with C/C++ and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Expertise in SLAM, localization and mapping algorithms
- Good understanding of probabilistic filters (Kalman filters)
- Experience in path planning algorithms (A-star, graph search algorithms)
- Sensors integration and calibration (ToF, gyro, camera)
- Knowledge in OpenCV (computer vision)
- Knowledge in ROS (Robot Operating System) programming
- Basic knowledge of deep learning frameworks
- Understanding HW technical data sheets and experience with processor architectures: ARM, x86, MIPS, PPC
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
What will make us REALLY love you
- Past experience other Real Time Operating Systems such as QNX, RTLinux, SELinux, FreeRTOS and other UNIX based operating systems
- BT/WiFi knowledge
- CI/CD experience
- Python scripting
- Microcontroller experience
- Knowledge of the Agile process, and willingness to work in an Agile organization, experience using Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of C, Assembly
- Hands-on system level troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- You have a friendly willingness to collaborate and play nice with others
- We can see that you have a love for project based work and staying at the top of your technical game
What you’ll love about us
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.