Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
What we’re looking for
• Highly motivated and dynamic professionals
• Motivated designers with broad backgrounds and service mindset to be a consultant
• Professionals with ability to work both with in-house projects and on-site assignments at our customer’s locations
We are looking for driven and customer focused talent with a genuine product development background; interest and ability to go outside your technical expertise and comfort zone with the desire to build our software business through the growth of high performing teams.
If you are motivated to build customer relationships, lead and build high performing teams, delight our customers with flawless execution this is the right role for you. The role is filled with teamwork, technology, and business development in the high-tech sector.
You will be involved in feature development, recruitment, driving key programs, addressing escalations, winning new business and the ongoing expansion of Syntronic in North America.
What you’ll do
The chosen candidate will be one who has started their career as a Developer then progressed into Management roles. Your responsibilities will include:
· Build and promote a positive working environment
· Effectively manage teams in line with company policy and procedures, including performance management, career development, training, and conflict resolution with effective feedback
· Coach and mentor team members
· Strategize with the wider team on initiatives including Recruitment and Business Development
· Cross train with other leaders to gain and share expertise
· Be a champion for Syntronic
Customer Engagement & Business Development
· Ensure harmonious working relationships with our key partners and customers
· Utilize business and technical knowledge to specify solutions for customer needs
· Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered on schedule
· Continuously looking for new business opportunities
· Managing escalations with internal and external stakeholders
· Oversee the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
· Work closely with business partners’ teams on issues related to timing of deliverables and ensuring requirements are met
· Develop and communicate standards for the team to achieve high quality deliverables
· Experience / Exposure to the following technologies is preferred: C, C#, Java, .NET, SQL Server, Network Design
· Solid technical background and understanding of the complete software life cycle, preferably in both embedded software as well as high-level IT application software.
What you need to get the job done
· 10+ years’ engaging and working with cross-functional software development projects
· Bachelor´s or Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
· Driven towards customer satisfaction and building long-term relationships
· Experience in interfacing with technical customers for managing scope and expectations
· Solid technical background and understanding of the complete software life cycle and development process, preferably in both embedded software as well as high-level IT application software.
· Familiarity with 3GPP standard and cellular wireless technology.
· Proven record for recruiting, building and motivating teams
· People management skills that include, but is not limited to performance reviews, competence development, salary reviews etc.
What will make us REALLY love you
· Proven record of successfully running product development programs which include HW/SW integration
· Proven record of successfully running software development programs for telco products, preferably wireless 4G/5G L2 or L3 or L1. Working knowledge in O-RAN or C-RAN is an asset.
· 7+ years of detailed design & verification experience
· 3+ years managerial/leadership experience
What you’ll love about us
• Company Culture – outstanding people and a flexible work environment with lots of after work activities/groups! It’s so great, we even won an award for it!
• Work/Life Balance – 4 weeks holidays to start and work that stays at work!
• Career Growth Opportunities – being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
• Great Benefits – and, they start the same day you do… and, they include your family… and, the company matches your RRSP contributions!
About Syntronic Canada
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing, and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.