Are you ready to be part of a leading global engineering design house specializing in the design and development of embedded software/hardware, electronics, and electro-mechanics?
We are now expanding our Syntronic office in Santa Clara, California. Are you ready to be part of Syntronic US team working with product development including Research & Development, Manufacturing and Aftermarket Services.
As an Administrative and Accounting Specialist you will work with a great team and handle day-to-day tasks within accounting and administrative areas.
What we’re looking for
· Highly motivated and positive attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Book standard monthly journal entries.
· Maintain the capital assets ledger and process monthly depreciation entries.
· Maintain and reconcile various general ledger accounts, including bank, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accruals.
· Complete months end close process in company ERP.
· Prepare monthly HST returns and various annual filings for review and submission.
· Reconciliation of intercompany balances, reports, and schedules
· Assist with the preparation of year-end audit and liaise with auditors.
· Review vendor accounts for payment, prepare payment overview for approval.
· Prepare monthly cashflow projections for review.
· Develop and support accounting policies.
· Other administration tasks.
What you'll need to get the job done
· 2+ years of direct accounting experience including an understanding of general ledger accounts and knowledge of debits and credits.
· Experience from QuickBooks or similar systems.
· Good computer skills using MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
· Good multitasking ability within details, data auditing and quality control.
· Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
· Ability to work on an individual basis and to communicate remotely on a regular basis.
· Good time management, communication, and problem solving skills.
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and relevant experience.
What you’ll love about us
· Company Culture - outstanding people and a flexible work environment.
· Career Growth Opportunities - being a design house keeps variety in your work. New opportunities happening all the time!
· Global Design House - since Syntronic is a global Design House, you will probably work with in a team with engineers from other Syntronic sites (Canada, Sweden, China, Malaysia, Japan).
Who we are
Syntronic provides our customers a complete portfolio of professional services to support their product development including research & development, new product introduction, manufacturing and aftermarket services. We adopt the latest technologies in electronics design and software development with a pool of technically skilled staff around the world. Among our customers and partners are some of the world’s most technically-intensive businesses and organizations. This pushes us forward in designing to satisfy our customers’ needs with a focus on quality, competence, capacity and continuity.
Syntronic has today over 1600 employees in 8 countries.
Syntronic values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact our recruiting team and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.